Tuesday, June 06, 2006

God Among Us

4.5 The Personality of Godhead said: Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember all of them, but you cannot, O subduer of the enemy!
4.6 Although I am unborn and My transcendental body never deteriorates, and although I am the Lord of all living entities, I still appear every millennium in My original transcendental form.
4.7 Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion - at that time I descend Myself.
4.8 To deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion, I Myself appear, millennium after millennium.
- Bhagavad Gita As It Is


We, as humans, are blessed to have such close attention from our Lord. But why do we need reminding so often of His messages and His love? Why does religious practice decline? Why do we forget? Why - although we are lucky that He comes to remind us - do we slide so far from what He has told us and what He has delivered to us? Why are we so ungrateful to He who created us with love?

1 Comments:

At 2:52 pm, Blogger Dennis Lyda said...

The Cosmos created us and we are integral parts of it...so, instead of having a relationship WITH God, we ARE God...we fade back into the primordial soup, to be given a new body, we are both created and creator, what we do with our lives reflects our innate Cosmic origen, the evil that takes place is due to mundane contamination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home