Thursday, June 08, 2006

Aforth! (and a timely shower)

A Star, he danced cross hills and streams,
Bringing now his Light; now his Dark -
But then! Afore his eyes saw the Star a frame:
On that frame, a man - Star hark:

"Aforth!" crieth the Star "Tis positing;
Aye, my darling, posed unseemly my mood!
Let us - shall we? - aye, for tis the time
Myself, but, the Star, I am... ve'rude!

"What! What is this? Do I see; yes, yes!
A shower; a timely shower indeed, oh!
For these drops; they fall; oh my Saviour
Brung aforth! Aforth! I cry: my credo!"

The Star he did fall; and fall did he far
No more could he see - no, nevermore -
For what didst he see? Nought but a tear!
And they dragged him down to the floor...

A tear, shed, for the corruption of sin
Upon that frame! An ending, a start;
But for the Star, bringing the Light:
"Oh, my darling! Pared from thine heart!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home