Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thus spake Zarathustra

I made it into town today - a few days too late for the Rathayatra, but not to worry...

I was on a mission. My mission, if I chose to accept it, and as it was me assigning it, I was more than ready to accept it, was to find a book on the subject of Zoroastrianism, buy a copy of Anoushka Shankar's latest CD, and eat in Govinda's restaurant.

Govinda's was a success; it hasn't moved from the last time I was there. Wonderful food, it really is! Anoushka was also a success - an expensive success, but a success nonetheless. And the book on Zoroastrianism? I went to two of the biggest bookshops London has to offer, and there was nothing, not even a pamphlet. This isn't going to turn into a story of someone finding something in a smaller shop. I tried some of those as well, and still nothing. It was an idle search before, a curiosity to fill a gap on my shelves. Now it's turned into a real mission - must find! I don't want to have to resort to online shopping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home